Thursday, February 14, 2019

Here I Sit A Bunch Of Membranes


here I sit a bunch of membranes
in a reverie of tears
this is what it’s like to be trapped

in a room with your own mind
I grew up in Minnesota

and now I think of Walla Walla
and its rural atmosphere as a better
place than Seattle and its high tech
affluence and sociopathic behavior
oppositions lead to propositions
I’m not sure what that means

but it sounds good. The fork
is often associated with eating
and making tough decisions
this is the theatre of indecision
the sparkling of the wagon
is the mahogany of our incantation
I continue to have problems with jazz

but I’m improving. I feel the fingers
of a stellar, planetary music
play my brain
like a jar of honey
this happens a lot
the metaphors go crazy
trying to find a solution for ice
how to preserve it how to nurture it
I feel increasingly peremptory
but who wouldn’t in these circumstances
I hear someone calling me
and go buy a ticket
for the next flight to Mars 


No comments: