Saturday, October 12, 2019

Tender Surrender


I’m somewhere offshore fishing for metaphors I’m feeling somehow insoluble a sentence percolating commas carp in the shallows of the Mississippi it’s great to write across the span of time the joy of watching words appear and then swim away while heavy metal explosions come from the stage I approve of this stew this is where the search begins
We extend our best wishes to the visible invisible the news today is quite disturbing a nine-year old white-tailed eagle named Victor equipped with a 360-degree camera mounted on his back soared above Mont Blanc on a mission to raise awareness of melting glaciers and other effects of global warming the glaciers are melting at an incredible speed and soon there will be no water to feed the rivers and streams of Europe and Asia the glaciers in the Himalayas are retreating and thinning the Chaturangi glacier is retreating at a rate of about 22 meters per year
I sail along the coast pretty as a thumb this mode of sorcery has its peculiarities a pencil bumps into a drawing there’s some mustard on my shirt this sandwich could use a coat of paint I say and polish some sleep until it shines like a dream I’ve got testicles spectacles tentacles and a mystical vegetable named Henry to feed my fiduciary constancy the darkness walks into France with a basket of residual emotions I’m simple a simple man with a simple willingness to mature into locomotion I like to drink the milk of structure the surface of the desk is an oasis for my elbows I feel a stirring in my heart and hear the moan of a broken sky
I’m plunged into ferment F-bombs in an old barn tools are crucial we strongly recommend ivy a fragment of sound like the smell of coffee the color green is perpetual we also offer a complimentary continental breakfast strong coffee and a big fat doughnut I see a storm coming time moves forward never backward why is that as we approach Utah I see an arch of sandstone Hopi dancing the pahlikmana everything has an essence or a life force and we must interact with these or fail to survive invoke them in dance invoke them in chants and songs invoke them in stone and wood the maple succeeds at barking the distance is remarkable and expansive as choice the horizon squirms like a thought in an old brain
I see calculus unfolding on a blackboard the package hugs itself the wind blows through my tan I echo like a canyon water running through a hose the hibachi triumphs in comparison with a stove I’m pounding nails I’m joining wood I’m joining words I’m building a birdhouse a wordhouse a lousehouse I enkindle candles on a chocolate cake while the bistro discharges a rumbling saffron I feel a sense of burden but it’s too vague to carry I just feel it sense it and sometime after breakfast digest it I see methane boiling out of a northern sea this is disturbing a man dancing on a highwire 2,000 feet above the city streets a little ancestry could do us some good I’m in a bit of a panic don’t know where to go the nipple is a riddle but if an emotion rolls around I just grab it I find pleasure wherever I can get it I do handsprings on pink stationary pull things out of the air and put them on paper
The faster you go the slower the clouds scud the time has come to draw some blood anticipate rain bring it on I could murder a peach the drawer is full of string what’s the meaning of this a goat is so many things it’s like the sparkle of an engagement ring a handful of bright silver coins our connectedness is disconnecting dreams roam our brains like animals I see a new day riding on the finger of a ghost wheat fields changing hue as the wind blows through I glue words to the air and hope they stick a gargantuan organ in a French cathedral plays Bach’s toccata and fugue in D minor tonight we’ll swim across the river and try to find some peace on the other side the coast is a dim variegation in the future of a tender surrender


No comments: