Sunday, March 1, 2020

Go Ahead Spit It Out


Go ahead spit it out the splendor of Mallarmé is in the boomerang the elliptical the oblique the allusive the revelatory & the trapeze swings back & forth with nobody on it I listen to French radio in the morning it helps to find people of similar interests speaking a language different from that spoken by last night’s furniture dancing around the room like mirrors ribbon tossed in celebration everything in the Mallarméan universe is broken & fragmented because the words are so strained & contorted by the intense push toward the jubilant arbitrariness of the night sky they’re so hungry to ingest
Age is a development toward deeper understanding I never underestimate the convenience of the extension cord Anubis drives the bus there was a time when conversations were a form of chamber music imagine the wind with elbows
I remember driving to the dump on Fridays the sparkle of frost on a January morning Bob Dylan Barbara Lewis Lou Christie lightning is striking again each word is multilayered and clanks the sting of an insect is a form of conversation the skin of a drum can be rubbed into softness we see hummingbirds sometimes a bottle of tornadoes high on the shelf we’re all trapped in a cage of our own making
I live in a port city the limestone is an eventual feeling can you feel the universe swimming in your veins I’m a table today I’m feeling flat multicolored snakes writhing on a snow shovel
I’ve got a swimming pool on my mind the subtle rustle of gauze in a Central American jungle I’m going to toss it to you this sentence is striving for diplomacy Stephane Mallarmé throwing dice in a Tegucigalpa bar
Redeem the face of conflagration I’m already gone in my head the helium morning awakens the leaden meaning of sleep it’s a hard line to walk
Let me chew on that a while the sentence is a cocoon of idea the mastoid is the bone behind the ear we’re all depending on a system that’s killing us I got this sound from a beef bone commodification poisons the inner beauty of things spectacular events in an armchair sunlight diffused in a curtain
Can you introduce me to your elevator a carload of rubes from Redding threw a beer can at me as I crossed the Sacramento river I should’ve gone back to get it take a big gulp there’s salt & pepper in the cupboard but you’ve got to know what you’re doing evocation is at the heart of the screw
Mustard is a stimulating word the world is full of them big words little words fat words thin words if I personify a clock does it help make time more intimate no not really but what the hell it’s only breath & sound I spend half my day moving phlegm around
The sternum is a bone joining the ribs of the chest there’s an eyeball pinned to the end of this sentence the faucets are widespread mounts I was hitchhiking from San José to Seattle when I discovered the enchantment of mistakes the world is becoming increasingly stiff rigid cold & hostile the crows all gathered on a telephone line about 20 feet above me cawing their heads off they were trying to warn me of something this is getting serious I learned to play cards in Sioux City conversions sometimes happen slowly over time sometimes all at once when you least expect it things evolve slowly but inevitably we live in a time of extreme confusion upon spiritual matters but spring is coming I see spots & expand my interpretation of glass to include the glamour of two big eyes glowing with mischief
It’s a bit weird to be at the end of one’s life it affects one’s psychology that’s for sure there are 20 bones in the human foot each one doing something clever & flexible I became athletic late in life the greenish debris is the subconscious of the junkyard I’ve never liked horns as much as strings & percussion I have a map of your eyes a 93 year old man walking gingerly with ski poles let us join our hands in prayer I’ve learned to read the faces of the other players we’re stuck in a small apartment in an expensive city description is lumber constant interruptions caused by bodily needs an old oak desk penetrates infinity what is it that makes the skin of the lips different than skin in general wrapped as it is all around the body keeping all the organs in alchemy bursts into beams of light the springs of our mattress squeak & there are so many things you can do in the air breathe & talk & sing & fly & leap from branch to branch the runway is clear you can take off now



No comments: