Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Out Of The O Of The Mouth

Sudden hit of fragrance – jasmine – at Highland Drive & Warren Ave North. My nose still hurts a bit after Athena last night maneuvering around my head trying to provoke me into playing while I lie in bed trying to get to sleep, I reached out trying to keep her away from the radio & tablet on top & she dug the claw of her hindfoot into the interior of my nostril. Hurt like hell. I got up & used a Q tip to apply a disinfectant gel. Sound of a power saw all day. Someone doing construction, but where? They must be building an entire house. Funny: the French word for quarrel – brouille – is the same for scrambled eggs, oeufs brouillés. Which gives a clear impression of the French perception of quarreling as a state of confusion, as if the heated parties weren’t just opposed, but mixed up, entangled. People that drive me crazy are the ones who believe they’re somehow superior & open-minded by not taking a stand, remaining neutral, which in their minds is a form of objectivity, but in reality is nothing more than a feigned detachment with little else in it but vanity. Whatever happened to Shocking Blue? They were a Dutch group. Mariska Veres passed away in 2006, gallbladder cancer, three weeks after the disease had been diagnosed. She was so beautiful, exotic looking, with eyes underlined by kohl. My constant efforts to keep the soap dish clean – clean of soap, which is weird – the most Zen thing I do all day. The fifth century Gandharan Buddhist monk Vasubandhu claimed that ultimate reality is both physically & logically irreducible. It doesn’t disappear when its parts are disassembled under logical analysis, nor does it borrow its nature from other things. Nor is it a product of mental constructions, such as causation, or the idea of a continuum. But I still don’t know what it is. Or if it’s all that important. I’m mainly interested in ways to fold laundry, & how to tell when someone is bluffing. I stuck my hand under the faucet to rinse the lather off while shaving but the water wasn’t there. Forgot I turned it off. Weird feeling, like when you expect a step that isn’t there, & lose your balance. Or that bush over on Garfield, just off 2nd Ave North, wrapped in gauze, which I always take to be a big rock, like the menhirs of Ireland & Brittany, until I get it into focus, & see the gauze, & wonder what the gauze is for. Perception is an ongoing circus. Never quite sure what I’m seeing is the full picture, or salute from another realm, a ghost ship appearing in the mist. How is Cirque de Soleil coping with Covid? To see a smile on a dead person’s face is not unusual, writes Guillevic. Beach Boys’ “Good Vibrations” is like entering a cathedral of sound, organ tones like sunlight diffused through stained glass, voices soaring high into the ether. What would a pallid word be? An opal out of the O of the mouth.

 


No comments: