Monday, January 1, 2024

Picking Daisies On Mars

 

Susan Sontag: to detach his [Antonin Artaud] thought as a portable intellectual commodity is just what that thought explicitly prohibits it’s an event rather than an object the recent eruption of the volcano near Grindavik in Iceland you can’t nail the wind down you have to put on a scary mask and do a vigorous dance

Different societies use different definitions of what constitutes madness here it is decided by drug companies everything is decided by drug companies what isn’t decided by drug companies is decided by oligarchs in sweatpants and hoodies none of this is true in the conventional sense but it’s true enough to fill a tire or mend a sock you may think of me as the author of an unwritten novel the very one I’m living if you want to call this living I’m Frankenstein’s monster wandering the earth with a blessed opacity of experience on my hands

Wherever I go there’s that weird sound of voices underwater Renaissance alchemy Polish potato chips the crunch of boots in snow Ukrainian cannons Russian drones those occasions when sitting down is never an option fog moving down a mountain like a waterfall in slow motion I looked for signs of David Lynch

All I’m looking for all anyone is looking for is a soft warm place in the human body guitar lessons in Honolulu ninja orchids a luminous paradigm to share on a plane

I could see a dragon in the fjord a voice emerged from the mist and provided instructions on building a coffee table with the voices of the dead they were too hard to follow the dead don’t seem to have much concern for coffee tables

Three highly charged words democracy freedom justice three big lies democracy freedom justice

I wandered the room simultaneously hoping for conversation and avoiding conversation there was a time when things made sense people knew right from wrong and now wrong is right and right is wrong I don’t know what to say to people anymore what’s allowable what’s not allowable words like vaccine cause eyebrows to raise you look for simple things to do and end up picking daisies on Mars I found myself staring at caviar roast beef in a slow cooker I persuade the rattan that our strength is great but there is modesty in our bones it’s nice to have help folding clothes the peroneal tendon goes beneath the foot and connects to the inside of the arch

Do you prefer those refinements of life which money can procure or those refinements of life which money can’t procure I once had a hat I was very fond of it had a cool way of expressing itself with sticks of bamboo and a brim of colossal breadth it would take a day to walk around it the long flow of thought must be apprehended in sound I knew somewhere there was a hole in time I could feel it I had dreams of it women love to express feelings men hate to express feelings it’s generalities like this that lost the war no matter what war was ever won what matters now is the stillness of potential the warmth of a blanket a fire that catches easily and holds the night back 

 

No comments: