Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The World's Dumbest Poem


here it is what you’ve all been waiting for the world’s
dumbest poem watch it crawl
toward David Lynch eating breakfast
in four hundred metal shoes
experience is a job
for a faded rose
it amazes me that shaving cream keeps coming
out of the shaving cream can and that’s
what makes everything stupid
and irritated it is always a pleasure to think
like this on an airplane
made of agreements and parlor talk
I should have test driven it now it’s
too late the poem is outdoors selling
real estate to a chopped mahogany face
hope prolongs the pain of aspiration
which is an opinion based on rubber
think of collage as your sister
swimming in warm fathoms of thought
being finds its trajectory in jazz
the sigh of water through old pipes
this is proof
of nothing but my own predilections
I feel like James Stewart doing dishes
in a kitchen in the old west while also
trying to read law books so that I can put
Liberty Valence in jail
everybody is naked under their clothes
but me I wear the hem of a hemisphere
and all the sunlight at the mouth of the cave
held together by buttermilk pins
sudden is a pretty word I should use it
for something but it’s too sudden
to use it now I’ll wait for the next bus
to Reykjavik




No comments: