Monday, June 17, 2024

The Meaning Of Hair

I sometimes get asked what the meaning of hair is. It's a gleam of luxuriant orchids folded into words. I saw this once in a Jim Jarmusch movie. None of the ones that have been made but the one that had never been made. It starred Charles Bronson and Gina Lollobrigida. It was called The Spur Below The Cowboy Exalts His Corpus. It was about the practice of phenomenology at a biker’s rally. For example, the premise of chains, and how that might be perceived as a symbol for intentionality. I’ve seen stranger things. There's a spectrum of abalone that leans against the rain as it vanishes into the afternoon. But what really gets my attention are forklifts. I love to watch them in operation. The stellar conditions in the sanguinity of elbows is a slightly more common phenomenon. I see it a lot in bars. Somebody gets off a creaky stool and walks over to the jukebox and drops a quarter and punches a couple of buttons. Minute later you’re hearing Needles and Pins. Rain pelts the window. You see your old face in the mirror. The one you had before you got old. And made movies in your mind while seeding the fields with flax and barley.

No comments: