Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Tristan Tzara And The Tiger Snakes Of Perth

 

These words want to jump into the theater of thought there are entire civilizations in this concertina tell me tell me please where you find the present in the past or in the future I think people like the sound of electric guitars because they make your emotions shine

A language lives through the people who speak it together we can sew little blue dresses for the parade of tarantulas I put the world in a sack and left the neon raspberry impugns the timidity of pretext with a bright red glow in the night of our oblivion

Everyone gets the taste of poetry now and then I helped a spider out of the kitchen sink this morning I like poetry with the big legs of the grasshopper bounding down a dirt road in the old rural America of farms and dolphins cephalopods in fishnet stockings and stiletto heels

We live in a romantic country a lion stands in the middle of the road like the nucleus of a nation did you want to speak to the gravedigger or just wait around sipping this fine Tennessee whisky it’s not even a question it’s a streak of color pink or yellow or the deep rustic brown of a metaphor aglow in a pronoun

Dada pushed nihilism to an extreme I remember the first time I saw Fight Club I thought wow somebody has taken notice of how fucked up this world is eighty-eight percent of Americans think you should get a permit before carrying a concealed handgun nearly three in four workers say they’re in debt more than half say they always will be more than half of minimum wage workers say they have to work more than one job to make ends meet is it any wonder that punching someone or getting punched is a coping mechanism for a lot of deep frustration where is my mind it’s in the cavalcade of words I’m spilling it’s floating light as gauze as a breeze blows in puffing up Fanny Brawne’s skirt

Gravity gets me down but I’ve got seven pearl buttons on my shirt and a ticket to ride there’s a reverence to the description of anything how good it is to feel the warmth under my cat’s chin the two little bones in a V shape

The sky is a patchwork of clouds and gulls the Milne Ice Shelf on Ellesmere Island in the Northwest Territories of Canada is covered with linear blue lakes of melted ice trapped in the folds of the surface William Butler Yeats leaping into space the feeling is mutual said the saxophone to the drum what is the logic of the logic of hand lotion there’s a hole in my pocket coins falling out at the bottom of my pants it feels like I’m shitting money

Fires in Australia fires in Siberia fires in France and Portugal fires in California fires in Oregon and Washington State the entire fucking world is burning down insert André Breton here if I’m not being surreal I’ll be surreal later when the truck arrives loaded with perturbances disturbances oscillations soluble fish ultramarine exhumations and a big fat pyramid teeming with astronauts

The cat sees a squirrel on the laptop and runs behind to look for it nuclear war remains a very great threat I’ve got a lot of sympathy for snobs there’s no point to their behavior

My knuckles are red and swollen from knocking on the neighbor’s door beside myself with rage and frustration I wear an oleomargarine sweater and a jacket buttoned with sonnets the mountains are beautiful so calm in their sleep how frustrating to live during a time when people are so incapable of nuance or openness of mind the snow conceals the testament of rock impulse is my main modus operandi good intentions are nothing willingness is everything I’ve got a parenthesis in my radio and a thud in my clairvoyance I’m starting to see masks bearing the imprint of status and fashion

A third kind of madness comes from the muses I believe I heard Ram Dass say that the turbines of heaven are solitudes awakened by the wind smoke from the wildfires bits of ash floating down like tiny hearts of devastation the rain has no melody but it does have rhythm Hamlet holds a skull the present isn’t present it’s in the past or maybe it was Charlie Chaplin getting chased around a table in The Gold Rush is it possible that a new form of life could develop near a hydrothermal deep-sea vent light bulbs have become increasingly bizarre over the years arousing us to a Bacchic frenzy

Silence ensues the playing of the oboe the shadows of the WiFi router and TV cables intertwining on the wall are musical in their squiggles and loops the plot turns on a dime the dime turns on a nickel the nickel is mostly found in the interiors of large-iron meteorites the voices of the gardeners adrift in the air until they arrive at the door of poetry words are mostly silvery-white lustrous possibilities of semantic currency for Kierkegaard the dialectic machine is destined to liquidate the negative all art aspires to a condition of music the rubble of a broken heart like squeezing the last drop of music from a song I’ve heard a gazillion times

Words wander the air in search of ears there’s a suffering that remains invisible and which makes us quietly desperate and then I saw an orange glimmer climb over the mountain a thread of silver connecting typhoons of thought these little bubbles that appear every time I grab the big bottle of liquid dish soap that pop out at the top I love Abbey Road what a great album imagine a blue fairy tale Tristan Tzara rolling a cigarette and talking about the brutality of WWI my soul worries without knowing why the atmosphere is so heavy the wood of the desk sings its heavy silent song of grain and rain and forest despair is the trombone of a primordial fauna sulfur-crested cockatoos and wolf spiders in the high arctic dancing on the sly the tiger snakes of Perth have heavy metal in their livers everything all the world’s beautiful animals and living things in general exhibit such unceasing activity how is it that various differentiations of reality emerge the distinction between mental and material phenomena in no way signifies that there are two kinds of reality there is in fact only one side to this dialectic and it’s completely transparent and adds very little opposition to the whole idea of straw 

 

 

No comments: